4/7/09

Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder

Are you ready for this... how about using your Manhattan Embossing Folder with acetate AND a tin can???!!! I just had to try it. This first card is made with the acetate. I just ran it through my Big Shot and it turned out much prettier that I thought it would. It really looks like glass in person. Well, I couldn't stop there...I've had this cut up Coke can sitting on my desk for a week now, "why not?" I thought. So, I did it. Check out this card. I think I really like it. I didn't think I would but after the card was put together it grew on me.

I would love to hear what you think of these two "different" looking cards. I want your honest opinion too. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I'm tough, I can take it. :0)

Thanks for coming to see me today. I hope your week is going nicely!
Lorraine

9 Wonderful Comments:

Ret said...

Hi Lorraine! Well, aren't you being the creative, crafty stamper!! hehe I think they are spectacular!! At first, I was iffy on the acetate one, until I saw the 2nd pic with it at an angle. That is really beautiful & it DOES look like glass!! Just awesome!!!

When you said coke can, I couldn't imagine, but you know what?? It's fabulous!! I like it! I also had another thought...you might be able to get 2 different looks out of the coke can. I wonder if you could use going gray on it? Would it look like pewter? I can't help but wonder! and I'm not sure it would stay on the aluminum.
You were really thinking out of the box for these and I'd say you hit a home run for sure!! :)

CWheat said...

I absolutely love the embossing folder and what you have done with it here. I did not ever think of using these materials, but the cards you made with them are stunning! Thank you so much for sharing! Love them!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

I don't really care for the acetate......I like the softer look of the vellum, but that's only my opinion. I really like the can idea. I will be getting this embossing folder soon.....I have to have it!

Bethany Keeney

Wanda J said...

Lorraine, you get an A+ for thinking out of the box on these! When I read your e-mail, I was really skeptical about the tin can look (couldn't see the pics in your e-mail), but I have to admit that I like the tin look better than the acetate! Like Anonymous, I think I like the vellum over the acetate, but the tin is really beautiful too! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

These two cards are just awesome!!! I really love the acetate one, it does look like glass!! I wasn't sure I would like the tin can one but I do!! Great job thinking outside the box!! AND thanks for the inspiration!!

Dawn said...

Great ideas!! They both look really neat. TFS!

krystalpurple said...

I really love the tin can one, but then I love shiny things. The acetate one I'm sure looks better in person. I think I prefer that on vellum. I'd like to see it in person so I may have to try it with mine. I have so many things I'd like to play with but don't have enough time. :( Kristi
www.stampinwithkristi.stampinup.net

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what acetate is but I like both of the cards. Great ideas.

elaine said...

Both looks are amazing! I'm glad you thought of it so I can CASE! I like both of them. I think the acetate is my favorite but I like the coke can too. Wonderful cards and great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails