2/1/09

Mini Magazine Holder

I've been seeing these cute little magazine holders all over the internet lately and just had to make one for myself. I was too lazy to find the instructions so I just winged it and came up with my own dimensions to fit my cards which are 3.5" x 5". The cardstock colors are Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Whisper White. I also used the Versamark Stamp Pad and Clear Embossing Powder to emboss on the Chocolate Chip top and Chocolate Chip Classic Pad to stamp on the bottom Whisper White strip. The stamp is from the Baroque Motifs stamp set. All supplies are Stampin' Up!

You'll need 2 sheets of cardstock (2 different colors). For the bottom, cut a piece of card stock that measures 7" x 9". On the 9" side score at 2.5", 6.5". On the 7" side score at 2.5" and 4.5". On the 7" side cut your score lines up until they meet your vertical score line on both ends. You will have 2 flaps on each side of the center flap. Fold those in and glue making sure the center flap is on the outside of the box. I used Sticky Tape to be sure it didn't come apart.

For the top part of the File Holder you'll need a 5.5" x 10" piece of cardstock. On the 10" side score at 4" and 6". On the 5.5" side measure up 4" and mark with a pencil. Now cut at a diagonal from that pencil mark up to the score line on that side and then do the same on the other side.

That's it. I would suggest you decorate your pieces before they're assembled. If you want to make a band around the bottom like I did you'll need to add 1/16" to the measurements to allow for the folded pieces on the box.

WOW!! I sure hope this makes sense. I will try to draw up a template for you and add it later. My scanner isn't working right now so I might have to create this in Photoshop or Power Point. Just be patient with me and I'll do it as soon as I can.

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing my Mini Magazine Holder and I hope you're having a wonderful day!
Lorraine

1 Wonderful Comments:

Rebecca said...

Very nice! I have to find a way to organize my cards better. This may help. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails